Spring Opening Lawn Sprinkler Systems
Irrigation Systems and Landscape Lighting Specialist
PJ Pappas Performs Spring Openings of Lawn Sprinkler Systems for Our Massachusetts Customers
If P.J. Pappas Company installed your lawn sprinkler system, you can expect to have it scheduled to be opened sometime during the month or April. However, our start date may vary from year to year depending on the weather. In the case of a “late” or delayed spring, we may need to the first week or two in May to get all of our customers up and running.
Spring Opening Irrigation Systems in MA
- For customers whom have the “Alleviator Valve” installed, we will automatically schedule your spring lawn sprinkler system opening. Our technician can turn the water on from the outside of the house via The Alleviator Key. In this case, there is nothing that the customer will need to do in advance of the technician’s arrival. We will leave a notice at your home stating that we have opened your irrigation system.
- For customers who DO NOT have an “Alleviator Valve” installed, we will need you to turn on the water from inside the house so that we can open the lawn sprinkler system. A representative from PJ Pappas will call in advance to have the water turned on inside your house.
At your irrigation systems spring opening, one of our trained lawn sprinkler technicians will activate your irrigation system. They will inspect and adjust all sprinkler heads, replace any heads that do not rotate or are broken, test your rain sensor and inspect each zone for leaks.
Spring Open Lawn Sprinkler Systems:
- The back flow preventer is first pressurized and checked for any leaks
- All zones lines are tested
- The Rain Sensor is tested to be sure that it is working properly
- Rotary heads are checked to make sure they are rotating
- Spray heads are checked to be sure that the nozzles are not clogged and that they operate properly
- Any heads that are blocked due to overgrowth will be raised
- All heads are checked for proper adjustment